Friday, August 15, 2008

Tools for measuring success

One of the most important aspects to any work on the web is to be able to measure your success. In order to do so, you need to track visitors, compare it with actions and see if one particular campaign or message or action works better then the other.

There are many different tools out there but one of the easiest to use is Google Analytics. This is a free tool available to all google account users and is very easy to add to your web site.

Here is a very basic video explaining how to add google analytics to a blogger account. Although a bit boring, it is short and easy. Sorry if this is too basic but I'm not exactly sure what the level of expertise of my audience is yet. Leaving comments can help!




After you follow the example, you can check the code by looking at the source code and make sure it is where it is suppose to be (somewhere between the body tags).

Now you can at see what kind of traffic you are getting.

Happy promotion
Adam
Blind Lyle Films


See the film I'm promoting now for only $3.99 and support my journey. The more success I have, the more I can share!

No comments: